Definition of catatonic in English:
1Relating to or characterized by catatonia: catatonic schizophrenia
More example sentences
- For the first experiment, he selected a psychotic man with catatonic schizophrenia who had required intensive nursing care for four years and had little likelihood of recovery.
- There are five subtypes of schizophrenia which may be noted: paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual.
- Acute and catatonic forms of the illness were more prevalent in developing countries, whereas hebephrenic and chronic forms were more frequently seen in developed countries.
1.1 informal Of or in an immobile or unresponsive stupor.
- We sat next to two young men, one was missing a front tooth, the other had moved past intoxicated into catatonic stupor.
- Tonight, he seemed cadaverous and oddly unresponsive, almost catatonic.
- The shark immediately becomes dull, unresponsive, almost catatonic for 30-90 seconds.
Definition of catatonic in:
- US English dictionary