- Any of a class of aromatic amines which includes a number of neurotransmitters such as adrenaline and dopamine.More example sentences
- The tyrosine derivatives are the thyroid hormones, and the catecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline) which are produced in the medulla of the adrenal glands.
- Other hormones that influence blood sugar levels are cortisol, growth hormone and catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine).
- In the brain, high levels of the catecholamines dopamine and norepinephrine are released in the PFC during stress exposure, even during relatively mild psychological stress.
More definitions of catecholamineDefinition of catecholamine in:
- The US English dictionary