A North American shrub which is cultivated for its dense clusters of small, typically blue, flowers.
- Genus Ceanothus, family Rhamnaceae
More example sentences
- Plants chosen for drought tolerance as well as color thrive here, including catmint (Nepeta ‘Blue Wonder’), ceanothus, lychnis, penstemon, purple coneflower, rockrose, rosemary, and star jasmine.
- To distinguish a blue blossom ceanothus from a musk bush, for example, look for ridges on the plants' stems.
- Take heel cuttings from ceanothus, penstemons, lavenders, santolinas and philadelphus.
Definition of ceanothus in:
- The US English dictionary