Definition of ceaseless in English:
Constant and unending: the fort was subjected to ceaseless bombardment
More example sentences
- And I am sick and tired of listening to his ceaseless and unintelligible chatter.
- The ceaseless ringing in my ear continued throughout today and, as a result, I've felt more than a little perturbed.
- Heroin addicts leave a trail of destruction behind them in their ceaseless quest for a fix.
incessant, unceasing, unending, endless, never-ending, interminable, non-stop, uninterrupted, unabated, unabating, unremitting, relentless, unrelenting, unrelieved, sustained, persistent, lasting, eternal, perpetual;
unfaltering, unflagging, untiring, unwearied, unwavering, unswerving, undeviating, persevering, dogged, tireless, indefatigable
- Example sentences
- He ceaselessly expressed concern for the poor and frequently spoke and wrote on what he saw as an impermissibly broad gap between the rich and the poor, and a lack of social justice.
- Chris had been a loyal member since the foundation of the Guild, she had worked ceaselessly to promote its aims, she was a warm personal friend of many members.
- Farmers' leaders ceaselessly, and rightly, draw attention to the need for partnerships between producers, processors and consumers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan