A cultivated plant of the parsley family, with closely packed succulent leaf stalks which are used as a salad or cooked vegetable.
- Apium graveolens variety dulce, family Umbelliferae
More example sentences
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic, basil, celery, parsley and beetroot and place in a bowl.
- Slice the carrots, leeks and celery and add to the pot with the parsley stalks and bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then sauté the carrot, celery and onion until golden.
Definition of celery in:
- The US English dictionary