- The angular distance of a point north or south of the ecliptic. Compare with declination ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Astronomers likewise use celestial latitudes for the angle north or south of the ecliptic plane.
- It deviates by about 5 degrees of celestial latitude north and south each month.
- At latitude twenty-three degrees north, the celestial latitude of Cancer, it is overhead on June 21st.
More definitions of celestial latitudeDefinition of celestial latitude in:
- The US English dictionary