noun[mass noun] Biology
- The division of a cell into two daughter cells with the same genetic material.More example sentences
- My research has identified how the process of copying the genetic material is linked to cell division.
- It is a specialized type of cell division whose genetic control has many components in common with mitosis.
- The precise duplication of the genetic material is critical for successful cell division.
More definitions of cell divisionDefinition of cell division in:
- The US English dictionary