noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of subcutaneous connective tissue.More example sentences
- Some patients present with congestive heart failure, stroke or a severe localized infection such as pneumonia, cellulitis or septic arthritis.
- Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.
- Infections such as mastitis and cellulitis tend to be erythematous, tender, and warm to the touch; they may be more circumscribed if an abscess has formed.
More definitions of cellulitisDefinition of cellulitis in:
- The US English dictionary