- In or relating to the head.More example sentences
- It may pass over the clavicle and open into the cephalic, subclavian, or internal jugular.
- Brachial plexuses receiving a branch from the fourth cervical nerve are more cephalic with reference to the vertebral column and have been designated as high or prefixed.
- Pancreatic juice secretion occurs in three phases: cephalic, gastric, and intestinal.
late Middle English: from Old French cephalique, from Latin cephalicus, from Greek kephalikos, from kephalē 'head'.
More definitions of cephalicDefinition of cephalic in:
- The US English dictionary