noun (plural cerastiums)
- A plant of a genus that includes chickweed and snow-in-summer.
More example sentences
- Genus Cerastium, family Caryophyllaceae
- The differences between the two genera are small, such as 5 styles for Cerastium and 3 styles for Stellaria.
- The bee on the Cerastium looks like he has got onto a queen sized bed and is snuggling up into a white downy quilt.
- Many species of Cerastium look alike and can be hard to differentiate.
modern Latin, from Greek kerastēs 'horned' (with reference to the shape of many seed capsules) + -ium.