Definition of changeless in English:
Remaining the same: changeless truths
More example sentences
- The church stands like a rock for truth that is changeless.
- But the changeless spiritual truth is this: God is absolute goodness.
- Certain non-Buddhists who accept rebirth accept the transitory nature of mind and body, but they believe in a self that is permanent, changeless and unitary.
unchanging, unvarying, timeless, static, standing, fixed, permanent, constant, unchanged, fast, consistent, uniform, undeviating;
lasting, long-lasting, abiding, enduring, persistent, indefinite, continuing, perpetual, everlasting, perennial, unending, endless, never-ending
- Example sentences
- The temperature of the atmosphere never varies from the median, and the flat, barren ground is so changelessly smooth that he is precluded from any need for bodily protection.
- Twelve hours of changelessly flat scenery bring travellers from Hamburg to Frederikshaven, where we embark upon the Little Belt, the luggage-vans of the train being shunted on board the steamer.
- The theory originated in 1834 when Scotsman John Scott Russell watched a rounded wave of water roll changelessly along several miles of the Edinburgh canal.
- Example sentences
- And yet for those five days in May cricket offered a vision of continuity and changelessness.
- Thoreau's ideal of this place, its purity and changelessness, contrasted with and to some extent contested his contemporaries' exploitation of the pond and woods as natural resources.
- ‘The great beauty of going to this monastery is that it admits you to a state of total changelessness,’ he enthuses.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan