1A person who chants something.
- But the chanters wear pinstripes and not patchouli oil.
- At about the same time, police riding horses through the crowd stopped being effective at keeping the crowd moving and dispersing the jumping chanters.
- Ignoring for now the slogan chanters and political partisans, there are a few key points to keep in mind.
2 Music The pipe of a bagpipe with finger holes, on which the melody is played.
- His fingers danced across the holes of the chanter creating the melody.
- She began learning to play the pipes when she was thirteen, practising first on the chanter, learning finger movement, arm movement, breathing control and finally marching.
- During their first gathering in the band's conference room, the volunteers received instruction books, were measured for uniforms and played their first notes on bagpipe chanters.
Words that rhyme with chanterenchanter, granter, planter, supplanter, transplanter, Vedanta
Definition of chanter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.