Definition of characterize in English:
- It's just not accurate to characterize newspaper design as anything but dynamic.
- How could we characterise the nature of conflicts that have emerged throughout the world?
- Some historians characterize Du Bois's thinking as riddled with contradiction.
- Australian media organizations do not seem to have been characterized by enlightened personnel practices.
- A predilection for forms over human figures characterises her work in installation art.
- It was a social relationship characterized by an unequal distribution of power and resources.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'engrave, inscribe'): from French caractériser or medieval Latin characterizare, from Greek kharaktērizein, from kharaktēr 'a stamping tool'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.