(also charentais melon)
- A melon of a small variety with a pale green rind and orange flesh.More example sentences
- While this tastes just as good with a green-fleshed melon such as galia, it looks better if you use an orange-fleshed variety such as charentais.
- The salad is also good with ordinary melon such as galia or charentais.
- The markets also sell a lot of fruit and vegetables which are grown on the island itself - wonderful charentais melons, delicious potatoes and strawberries.
French, literally 'from the Charentes region'.
More definitions of charentaisDefinition of charentais in:
- The US English dictionary