Definition of chargeback in English:
1A demand by a credit-card provider for a retailer to make good the loss on a fraudulent or disputed transaction.
- The developers also work with banks to create repeatable custom reports that can focus on any aspect of authorizing a card or transaction, including chargebacks for disputed amounts and fraud.
- Filing a chargeback or dispute with your bank will result in legal action against you.
- If you are away at the time it is sent, you lose the right to dispute the chargeback.
1.1(In business use) an act or policy of allocating the cost of an organization’s centrally located resources to the individuals or departments which use them.
- He was the suspect, as a much higher number of the credit card chargebacks appeared to relate to slips filled in by him, as compared with slips filled in by others.
- Or a company's internal chargebacks could actually make it less expensive - at least on paper - to install new cabling dedicated to the integrated system than to use the existing company network.
- The evolution of sophisticated chargeback programs has been a boon to facility and real estate executives.
Definition of chargeback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.