- A gliding step in dancing in which one foot displaces the other.More example sentences
- When they were all dancing together to the same beat and doing the same arabesques, chassés, pliés and pirouettes, the sound of their feet was not uniform as it should be, rather, it was the sound of a hail storm, everybody at a different beat.
- The basic polka step consists of a preparatory hop followed by a chasse done first to the left and then to the right.
verb (chassés, chasséing, chasséd)[no object] Back to top
- Perform a chassé.More example sentences
- Skillfully, they chasse out, uniformly break into deep contractions, then spiral down to the floor.
French, literally 'chased'.
More definitions of chasseDefinition of chassé in:
- The US English dictionary