1A person or thing that verifies or examines something: a spelling and grammar checker
More example sentences
- Have you ever wondered why the grammar checker in your word processor is so terrible?
- Even the grammar checker on my computer has a problem with that one.
- Ultimately, what is wanted is a computer routine similar to the grammar checker which would be programmed to highlight words and phrases which were likely to be misunderstood at the receiving end.
2US A cashier in a supermarket.
- At a recent trip to the supermarket the checker accidentally failed to me charge for some items.
- The checker in Aisle 4 at the supermarket stared at me.
- I had quite a bit more sympathy for Brendan, the hapless teenaged supermarket checker, than did the author of the book.
Words that rhyme with checkerBecker, Cheka, chequer, Dekker, exchequer, Flecker, mecca, Neckar, Necker, Quebecker, Rebecca, Rijeka, trekker, weka, wrecker
Definition of checker in: