Definition of cheeky in English:
adjective (cheekier, cheekiest)
Impudent or irreverent, typically in an amusing way: a cheeky grin
More example sentences
- Jade has a cheeky grin and her eyes sparkle behind her thick-rimmed glasses.
- Other tributes refer to Ryan's sense of humour, his cheeky grin and ability to cheer people up.
- He looked at me with a cheeky grin on his face and actually imitated my hobble all the way back to the entrance door.
impudent, impertinent, insolent, presumptuous, forward, pert, bold, bold as brass, brazen, brazen-faced, shameless, audacious, overfamiliar, irreverent, discourteous, disrespectful, insubordinate, impolite, bad-mannered, ill-mannered, unmannerly, mannerless, rude, insulting
North American informal sassy, nervy, smart-assed
- Example sentences
- I guess there's nothing wrong with that as they don't hide behind teenage cheekiness and are pretty up front.
- He's funny, co-operative and engaging and he is getting his cheekiness back.
- She had an amazing sense of humour, and a bit of cheekiness to go with it.
Words that rhyme with cheekybeaky, cliquey, cock-a-leekie, creaky, freaky, Geikie, Kon-Tiki, Leakey, leaky, peaky, reeky, sleeky, sneaky, squeaky, streaky, Thessaloníki, tiki, tzatziki
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan