- A substance which attracts motile cells of a particular type.More example sentences
- These activated cells release chemoattractants and growth factors that result in cellular proliferation and granuloma formation.
- Both C3a and C5a are also known chemoattractants for inflammatory cells.
- This fungus has just two mating types and pheromones are secreted to act as chemoattractants for identifying compatible mating partners.
More definitions of chemoattractantDefinition of chemoattractant in:
- The US English dictionary