- (In North African cookery) a sauce or marinade for fish or meat, typically containing olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and coriander.More example sentences
- Some are adaptations of the old favourites, some are new dishes invented around specific produce: for example, smoked haddock brandade or slow-cooked lamb with chermoula.
- Spread the chermoula all over the meat, then cover very loosely with foil and refrigerate for up to 36 hours.
- Vicky started with a dish of king scallops with roast peppers, tomato and preserved lemon chermoula (a Moroccan mixture of herbs and spices), which passed with flying colours.
French, from Arabic šeṛmula.
More definitions of chermoulaDefinition of chermoula in:
- The US English dictionary