Definition of child trafficking in English:
The illegal movement of children, typically for the purposes of forced labour or sexual exploitation: child trafficking has become a worldwide concern in the past few years
More example sentences
- I was wondering what can I do, as a regular citizen, about child trafficking?
- The conference heard that there has been a huge increase in child trafficking to Ireland over the past five years.
- In recent years, there has been evidence of child trafficking in most major UK cities, including Nottingham, Newcastle and Leeds.
- child trafficker noun
- Example sentences
- The government has also stepped up security on its borders to prevent young victims being smuggled out by child traffickers.
- In some of the affected countries, reports have been emerging of opportunistic child traffickers moving in to exploit vulnerable children.
- One self-confessed child trafficker estimates his family-run business has brokered the sale of more than 3,000 children to work as servants and labourers in the last few years.
Definition of child trafficking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.