The illegal movement of children, typically for the purposes of forced labour or sexual exploitation: child trafficking has become a worldwide concern in the past few years
More example sentences
- Child trafficking persists because criminal syndicates are behind the illicit trade, tourism is sometimes involved, and victims often are afraid to come forward.
- Child trafficking was a global crisis, with about 1.2 million being trafficked worldwide each year.
- The ship's captain denied any involvement in child trafficking.
- More example sentences
- EU collaboration on crime and policing have helped to apprehend money launderers, trap child traffickers and stop fraudsters.
- We have rescued more than 50 children from child traffickers.
- The government has also stepped up security on its borders to prevent young victims being smuggled out by child traffickers.
Definition of child trafficking in:
- The US English dictionary