noun (plural chiles rellenos)
- (In Mexican cuisine) a stuffed chilli pepper, typically battered and deep-fried.More example sentences
- For chiles rellenos, stuff the chilies with cheese, seafood, or chicken; for fajitas, toss them with grilled meats or chicken and grilled onions, tomatoes, salsa, and fresh cilantro.
- They're stuffed, breaded, and fried for chiles rellenos, but an even better way to deal with them is to roast and peel, slit them open and painstakingly dig out the seeds, then stuff and bake.
- A velvety chile relleno finds itself surrounded by a sassy purée of black beans.
Spanish, 'stuffed chilli'.
More definitions of chile rellenoDefinition of chile relleno in:
- The US English dictionary