- A stew of minced beef and beans flavoured with chillies or chilli powder.More example sentences
- She reckons about 50 per cent of what they produce is homemade - minced lamb hotpot, chilli con carne, spaghetti bolognese, that kind of stuff - plus a mean chicken pie.
- Into the mains and there is a choice of Cumberland sausage, beef stew, beef stroganoff, spaghetti Bolognese, chilli con carne, Chinese style spare ribs and a chicken curry.
- That book, The Cuisines of Mexico, became a best-seller and taught a generation of Americans that Mexican food meant more than tacos, nachos and chilli con carne.
from Spanish chile con carne, literally 'chilli pepper with meat'.
More definitions of chilli con carneDefinition of chilli con carne in:
- The US English dictionary