A deer having lyre-shaped antlers and a white-spotted fawn coat, native to India and Sri Lanka.
- Cervus axis, family Cervidae
More example sentences
- In addition to deer, chital and wild boar, domestic cattle are now an important item on the tiger's menu in several areas.
- Mills has culled a great deal of data to show which ungulates form its preferred diet - chital, sambar, nilgai and barasingha, and in some forests, gaur.
- 8 June: We arrived to find Lakshmi carrying a small chital fawn across the meadow to the upper fork of Menhar Nala.
Definition of chital in:
- The US English dictionary