- A temporary condition, typically caused by hormonal changes, in which large brown patches form on the skin.More example sentences
- Other changes include a laxity of the joints, which ultimately may assist labour and birth, and increased brown pigmentation of the skin (‘chloasma’ if in the face).
- Frequently called the ‘mask of pregnancy,’ melasma (chloasma) differs from the ruborous glow of pregnancy.
- Melasma (also called chloasma) is a condition in which areas of the skin become darker than the surrounding skin.
mid 19th century: from Greek khloazein 'become green'.
More definitions of chloasmaDefinition of chloasma in:
- The US English dictionary