noun[mass noun] Chemistry
1A colourless liquid acid with strong oxidizing properties.
- Chemical formula: HClO3.
- Here the two reservoir substances chloric acid and chloride nitrate can react with each other and set free chloride atoms and nitric acid.
- Thus, if the calorimetric determination of Method B seemed attractive but one wished to avoid chloric acid digestion, an ashing procedure such as in Method E could be adapted to it.
- All of this is to justify why NaClO 3 is merely sodium chlorate while HClO 3 gets the exalted name of chloric acid.
1.1Any acid containing chlorine and oxygen.
- The solid manganese dioxide is then separated from the chloric acid solution containing zinc ions.
- Crystal sodium chlorate from the generator and make-up sodium chlorate are passed through electrolysis cells to produce chloric acid to replace the sulfuric acid feed to the R8 and R11 processes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: chlor¦ic acid
Definition of chloric acid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.