Definition of chloric acid in English:
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
1A colourless liquid acid with strong oxidizing properties.
- Chemical formula: HClO3
- Here the two reservoir substances chloric acid and chloride nitrate can react with each other and set free chloride atoms and nitric acid.
- Thus, if the calorimetric determination of Method B seemed attractive but one wished to avoid chloric acid digestion, an ashing procedure such as in Method E could be adapted to it.
- All of this is to justify why NaClO 3 is merely sodium chlorate while HClO 3 gets the exalted name of chloric acid.
1.1Any acid containing chlorine and oxygen.
- The solid manganese dioxide is then separated from the chloric acid solution containing zinc ions.
- Crystal sodium chlorate from the generator and make-up sodium chlorate are passed through electrolysis cells to produce chloric acid to replace the sulfuric acid feed to the R8 and R11 processes.
Definition of chloric acid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan