- A greenish-grey or black mineral resembling mica, consisting chiefly of a basic aluminosilicate of iron and found in metamorphosed clay sediments.More example sentences
- The phyllites show fine-grained foliated textures and the mineral assemblage consists of chlorite, muscovite, albite, chloritoid and garnet along the main foliation.
- In the Messaria nappe, kyanite and chloritoid in weakly sheared rocks have cracks that are filled with chlorite and quartz.
- In contrast to South Achill, peliticlithologies are characterized by the virtual absence of prograde chlorite and chloritoid, whereas biotite is significantly more abundant.
More definitions of chloritoidDefinition of chloritoid in:
- The US English dictionary