noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic drug related to quinoline, used against malaria.More example sentences
- Doctors treat malaria by using anti-malarial drugs, such as chloroquine or quinine.
- Quinine formed the basis for synthesising the commonly used antimalarial drugs, chloroquine and mefloquine.
- The situation is becoming more difficult because the most widely used antimalarial drug chloroquine is losing its effectiveness.
1940s: from chloro- + quin(olin)e.
More definitions of chloroquineDefinition of chloroquine in:
- The US English dictionary