Definition of cholangiography in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
X-ray examination of the bile ducts, used to locate and identify an obstruction.
- Before the widespread availability of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography was often used to delineate the biliary anatomy preoperatively.
- Further imaging that may be done by a gastroenterologist or interventional radiologist includes endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography.
- When necessary, colorful schematic illustrations and radiologic studies, including cholangiography, sonography, and computed tomography, have been added.
- Example sentences
- A cholangiogram can be performed intraoperatively to evaluate the hepatic and common bile ducts for filling defects and retained stones.
- The patient underwent laparoscopic chole cystectomy, during which a cholangiogram was performed to rule out a common bile duct stone.
Definition of cholangiography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan