Definition of cholangiography in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
X-ray examination of the bile ducts, used to locate and identify an obstruction.
- Before the widespread availability of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography was often used to delineate the biliary anatomy preoperatively.
- Further imaging that may be done by a gastroenterologist or interventional radiologist includes endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography.
- When necessary, colorful schematic illustrations and radiologic studies, including cholangiography, sonography, and computed tomography, have been added.
- Example sentences
- A cholangiogram can be performed intraoperatively to evaluate the hepatic and common bile ducts for filling defects and retained stones.
- The patient underwent laparoscopic chole cystectomy, during which a cholangiogram was performed to rule out a common bile duct stone.
Definition of cholangiography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.