- (In insects) denoting sense organs which are responsive to mechanical and sound vibrations.More example sentences
- The anterior mVAC accommodates afferent terminals from other chordotonal organs that have retained their proprioceptive function.
- By contrast, in embryos from the fru sat line, no ß-galactosidase-positive cells were found in the embryonic CNS, and only the chordotonal neurons in the PNS were labeled.
- The sensory cells are organized into five external fields of campaniform sensilla and one internal chordotonal organ.
More definitions of chordotonalDefinition of chordotonal in:
- The US English dictionary