noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormally coloured vision, a rare symptom with various causes.More example sentences
- Medications used in cardiology, especially antiarrhytmic digitalis and amiodarone, cause ocular disturbances producing chromatopsia (yellow or green tint), blurred vision, and corneal microdeposits or deposits of lens during amiodarone treatment.
- In most cases, nothing abnormal is noticed immediately except the dazzling sensation; it is only after that a cloud floats with irregular undulations before the eyes, associated with irritating after-images, photophobia, photopsia and chromatopsia.
- Persons who have chromatopsia do not have cone vision.
mid 19th century: from chromato- 'colour' + Greek -opsia 'seeing'.
More definitions of chromatopsiaDefinition of chromatopsia in:
- The US English dictionary