- An instrument for measuring time accurately in spite of motion or variations in temperature, humidity, and air pressure.More example sentences
- The process of mapping itself, now much more accurate thanks to Britain's invention of the chronometer for measuring longitude, allowed the British to perceive the globe as an integrated whole.
- Preuss pocketed the chronometer and clutched his notebook.
- And one might think initially they didn't do that because they didn't have the instruments, they didn't have the precise chronometers.
More definitions of chronometerDefinition of chronometer in:
- The US English dictionary