Definition of churchgoer in English:
A person who goes to church regularly.
- Although he is a Sabbath walker rather than a regular churchgoer, Berry is no stranger to either church or seminary, although he admits to feeling strange in both places.
- Most churchgoers vote, and share family and community values.
- Washington, always a churchgoer but never a communicant, was among those who often spoke of the ‘great Ruler of events,’ but never of Jesus Christ.
- Example sentences
- Later, I learned that this student, a churchgoing Presbyterian, was under some pressure from other students to leave his church and ‘become a Christian.’
- Until there is more transparency in church finances, it appears that a significant number of churchgoing Catholics will be withholding financial support from the church.
- Finland is about 98 percent Lutheran but only about 2 percent churchgoing, so Lutheran notions of sin and grace are long forgotten by most Finns.
Pronunciation: /ˈtʃəːtʃɡəʊɪŋ/noun& adjective
Definition of churchgoer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.