Definition of churchgoer in English:
A person who goes to church regularly.
- Although he is a Sabbath walker rather than a regular churchgoer, Berry is no stranger to either church or seminary, although he admits to feeling strange in both places.
- Most churchgoers vote, and share family and community values.
- Washington, always a churchgoer but never a communicant, was among those who often spoke of the ‘great Ruler of events,’ but never of Jesus Christ.
churchgoing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Later, I learned that this student, a churchgoing Presbyterian, was under some pressure from other students to leave his church and ‘become a Christian.’
- Until there is more transparency in church finances, it appears that a significant number of churchgoing Catholics will be withholding financial support from the church.
- Finland is about 98 percent Lutheran but only about 2 percent churchgoing, so Lutheran notions of sin and grace are long forgotten by most Finns.
Definition of churchgoer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan