- Of or relating to the Christian Church; ecclesiastical: views about biblical and churchly authority an exquisite album of churchly, ambient songsMore example sentences
- Those of us who appeal to biblical or churchly authority would do well to admit the ways in which our formulations of these appeals differ from our premodern forebears.
- Her celibate, churchly brother was charged with guiding her beloved John into the priesthood.
- That fact alone should arouse our interest: when have any of us found the names of theologians or other such churchly types in a tourist brochure?
Old English circlic, cyrclic, from church.
More definitions of churchlyDefinition of churchly in:
- The US English dictionary