noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A digestive enzyme which breaks down proteins in the small intestine. It is secreted by the pancreas and converted into an active form by trypsin.More example sentences
- Examples are the digestive enzymes trypsin and chymotrypsin, which only have enzymatic activity after the protein chain is cut and fragments of the protein removed.
- The completion of the sequence depended on the use of specific proteases - trypsin, chymotrypsin, and pepsin - to produce larger fragments.
- All the three spice mixes when consumed through the diet favorably enhanced the pancreatic lipase, chymotrypsin and amylase activities.
More definitions of chymotrypsinDefinition of chymotrypsin in:
- The US English dictionary