- 1 Biology Relating to or involving cilia: ciliary action ciliary tractsMore example sentences
- Escudier and coworkers studied the ciliary ultrastructure of 40 patients who had respiratory tract infections.
- These spines contain epidermal cells and ciliary sensory cells.
- Cigarette smoking is known to affect ciliary action in the nasopharynx and respiratory tract.
- 2 Anatomy Relating to the eyelashes or eyelids.More example sentences
- The cylopegic drops will relieve ciliary spasm and dilate the pupil.
- Intense ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia occurs, and diffuse eye swelling may occur, including the eyelids.
- 2.1Relating to the ciliary body of the eye.More example sentences
- It clings to the retina, the ciliary epithelium, and the margin of the optic nerve.
More definitions of ciliaryDefinition of ciliary in:
- The US English dictionary