Definition of cirrhosis in English:
A chronic disease of the liver marked by degeneration of cells, inflammation, and fibrous thickening of tissue. It is typically a result of alcoholism or hepatitis.
- Chronic viral hepatitis is the main cause of chronic liver disease, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma throughout the world.
- Cases progress slowly resulting in chronic liver diseases, cirrhosis and cancer.
- It is also common in people with widespread cancer, leukaemia, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver or major burns.
- Example sentences
- The development of ascites is an important event in chronic liver disease as half of cirrhotic patients with ascites die within two years.
- Common cirrhotic ascites is managed with diuretics and sodium restriction.
- The levels in tuberculous ascitis were significantly higher than those in cirrhotic or malignant ascitis.
Words that rhyme with cirrhosisapotheosis, chlorosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, kenosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, necrosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, sclerosis, symbiosis, thrombosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
Definition of cirrhosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan