- Cloud forming a thin, more or less uniform semi-translucent layer at high altitude (usually 5 to 13 km, 16,500 to 45,000 ft).More example sentences
- The cloud most suited to halo formation is cirrostratus, which is most commonly observed well ahead of a developing frontal system.
- Halos form when light from the sun or moon is refracted by ice crystals associated with thin, high-level clouds (like cirrostratus clouds).
- Stratosphere air contains little water vapor or dust; only wispy cirrostratus clouds streak the distant sky.
More definitions of cirrostratusDefinition of cirrostratus in:
- The US English dictionary