- 2North American The department of a newspaper dealing with local news.More example sentences
- I'll fall back into the routine of covering whatever local news comes across the city desk at the Boston Herald.
- The leaves dropping from the trees in autumn, the interior of an airplane engine, the city desk of a newspaper, all appear to be chaos if they are seen without comprehension.
- ‘When I was reporting, I always felt that he was keenly enthusiastic about a good story and 100 percent supportive of the reporters on The Inquirer city desk.’
More definitions of city deskDefinition of city desk in:
- The US English dictionary