1The visual appearance of a city or urban area; a city landscape: shades of red brick which once coloured the cityscape
More example sentences
- Not all development is good; some of it is hideous, but most of the projects we are talking about are earmarked for areas where the cityscape has already been set.
- Most theatres and concert halls contribute to the cityscape and weave of urban life.
- Think of how the property boom in the UK has reshuffled towns and cities - changing cityscapes, mental maps, cultural capital, urban imagery.
1.1A picture of a city.
- Thematically, works range from portraits and self-portraits, cityscapes, crowd scenes and spectacles to cultural icons.
- His subject matter ranges from portraits to cityscapes, harbor scenes, still lifes and sports figures.
- Bravura brushwork and florid lines characterize the rigorous and dazzling craftsmanship evident in each of the portraits, cityscapes and elaborate figure compositions that were on view.
Definition of cityscape in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.