- Society considered as a community of citizens linked by common interests and collective activity: the corrosive impact of fear on politics and civil society they make important contributions to civil society [count noun]: a flourishing civil society indifferent to race, gender, or economic categoryMore example sentences
- What those who are afraid of civil society breaking down don't realize is that civil society has already broken down!
- Can they adopt some of the practices and institutions of civil society?
- Building a civil society here is going to take a while.
More definitions of civil societyDefinition of civil society in:
- The US English dictionary