Urgently demanding attention: the proper use of biotechnology has become a clamant question
More example sentences
- You've been doing more for the system than the clamant renegades or blatant sell-outs you despise.
- Is there not a clamant need today to rally to the cause of The Queen in Parliament, against constitutional and Europhile tinkering?
- Instead, from day one, they should have shouted from the rooftops the clamant need for the most radical reform.
- Example sentences
- They are well sung and the orchestral role is given the attention its attractions clamantly demand.
- Here the exotic accents are presented but they emerge and play chase with a whole palette of cut-glass avant-garde paraphernalia - both clamantly violent and dreamily disengaged.
- Do not these terrible figures plead eloquently and clamantly for a revision and reform of our existing hospital system?
Mid 17th century: from Latin clamant- 'crying out', from the verb clamare.
Words that rhyme with clamantclaimant, payment, raiment
Definition of clamant in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.