The action of making a statement or situation less confused and more comprehensible: please advise us if you require further clarification [count noun]: the remaining changes are small clarifications
More example sentences
- Counsel took him through selected passages in the notebooks, asking for further clarification.
- I'd just like to add some things, you know, for clarification.
- Some NGOs are preparing a legal intervention to seek such a clarification.
explanation, elucidation, illumination, simplification;
exposition, explication, exegesis
- Example sentences
- He criticized the Commission's proposed clarificatory amendment to Article 2.
- We are happy to discuss the principles in a clarificatory manner.
- Important clarificatory work immediately followed.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: clari¦fi|ca¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.