Definition of claustrophobia in English:
Extreme or irrational fear of confined places: the small stuffy room had begun to give him claustrophobia
More example sentences
- We saw magnificent sites, endured bouts of car claustrophobia, and encountered extremes of weather.
- The high-risk hobby inherently plays to the age-old horror themes of claustrophobia and fear of the unknown.
- Word had it that he was suffering from both agoraphobia and claustrophobia and was constantly running in and out of the house.
- Example sentences
- The last thing you want is a hysterical claustrophobe, suffering from a panic attack!
- Aside from claustrophobes, who doesn't love a nice underground labyrinth?
- Choosing the Panoramic sunroof from the options list isn't cheap, but claustrophobes will feel it's worth every penny.
Words that rhyme with claustrophobiaagoraphobia, homophobia, hydrophobia, phobia, technophobia, xenophobia, Zenobia
Definition of claustrophobia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan