- A keyboard instrument.More example sentences
- Look more closely and you might just recognise the features of the red-coated boy who sits at a portable clavier.
- An extraordinary artist on the clavier and organ, his dexterity is amazing.
- Though he received lessons in academic subjects and singing, violin, and clavier, he received little instruction in composition.
early 18th century: from German Klavier, from French clavier, from medieval Latin claviarius 'key-bearer', from Latin clavis 'key'.
More definitions of clavierDefinition of clavier in:
- The US English dictionary