(also clearwing moth)
- A day-flying moth which has narrow mainly transparent wings and mimics a wasp or bee in appearance.
More example sentences
- Family Sesiidae: several genera and many species, including the hornet moth
- Honeybees (the few that have so far escaped the Varroa mites), bumblebees, various flies and beetles, and the hummingbird clearwing (a moth that thinks it's a hummingbird) frequent milkweeds too.
- The adult of the raspberry crown borer is a clearwing moth with a wingspan of 1 1/4 inches.
- The adult is a clearwing moth in the same family as the peachtree borer, lesser peachtree borer, and lilac borer.
More definitions of clearwingDefinition of clearwing in:
- The US English dictionary