- 1Each of a series of windows in a clerestory.More example sentences
- In addition to the translucent panels, a ribbon of glass tops many of the interior and exterior walls and acts as a giant clerestory window, flooding the space with light.
- The tent-like roof enclosure floats atop a shallow clerestory window, transforming the sanctuary into the primeval cavern of man's first and most primitive dwelling.
- Two other windows, even taller and thinner, are spaced along the right wall of the nave, while a round clerestory window is visible high up near the ceiling.
- 1.1A window with no crosspiece dividing the light.More example sentences
- The old ‘Auto Hotel’ contrasts with the new, upper portion of building with a clerestory window that lights the changing-exhibition gallery.
- For daylight, the architects devised a light scoop to collect and redirect daylight from a new clerestory window to the workspaces below.
- The entry hall was bathed in a warm light from three art-glass clerestory windows.