- The year 1981 was a major climacteric for the politicization of policing, most obviously because of the urban riots, unprecedented in the twentieth century.
- The sight of him obediently doing this is an awe-inspiring climacteric in his career.
- But the First World War shocked even him, and that was probably a climacteric.
- Whatever the nomenclature, be it male menopause or climacteric or age related hypotestosteronaemia, men presenting with symptoms outlined in the box should be investigated.
- A transitional period occurs prior to menopause termed the climacteric or perimenopause.
- Lock starts the chapter with an interesting historical review of the emergence of the female climacteric or menopause in medical and psychoanalytic discourse.
- In climacteric fruits such as peaches and tomato, ripening is associated with a characteristic burst of respiration which correlates with an increase in ethylene production.
- It is thought that the increase in ethylene responsiveness during petal development culminates in the ethylene climacteric.
- Thus it appears that some aspects of ethylene-dependent gene expression are conserved between climacteric fruits such as melon and tomato.
- Given these emphases on significant dates, it may not be coincidental that the Ara Pacis was begun during the year in which Augustus reached the climacteric age of fifty.
- The fact that such a climacteric event of our history is not being taught is disconcerting.
- There are two aspects of this climacteric event to be considered in relation to the history of our civilization.
- The authors conclude that a dosage of 114 mg per day of phytoestrogens for three months does not relieve hot flushes or other climacteric symptoms.
- In females about 50 years old, various symptoms of climacteric disorders may appear with the decline of ovarian function.
- Both Western and Chinese herbal traditions have numerous solutions for climacteric women.
- As a senescing hormone, it promotes leaf-yellowing, climacteric fruit ripening, flower and leaf abscission.
- In the climacteric fruit tomato, ethylene is perceived by a family of six receptor proteins.
- Pear are climacteric fruit: their ripening is associated with a burst of autocatalytic ethylene production.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'constituting a critical period in life'): from French climactérique or via Latin from Greek klimaktērikos, from klimaktēr 'critical period', from klimax 'ladder, climax'.
Words that rhyme with climactericalphanumeric, atmospheric, chimeric, cleric, congeneric, Derek, derrick, Eric, esoteric, exoteric, ferric, generic, hemispheric, Herrick, Homeric, hysteric, mesmeric, numeric, skerrick, spheric, stratospheric
Definition of climacteric in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.