noun[mass noun] British
- A thin transparent plastic film that adheres to surfaces and to itself, used as a wrapping or covering for food: wrap them in cling film and freeze till neededMore example sentences
- Cover the burn with a sterile dressing of non - fluffy material (not cotton wool), cling film, or a plastic bag.
- Almost all the raincoats were transparent plastic and made from a variety of materials from cling film to film negatives.
- Make sure you sprinkle a little sugar over the surface of the custard to prevent a skin forming, or press cling film on to the surface.
More definitions of cling filmDefinition of cling film in:
- The US English dictionary