- It has hospitals, medical clinics, a mental health research institute, and two public broadcasting stations.
- HIV treatment is managed by specialist outpatient clinics, staffed by doctors, nurses and other health professionals.
- It can be done in a clinic, hospital outpatient department or doctor's surgery.
- Doctors have now put her on a two-year programme of intensive treatment which includes bouts of chemotherapy and regular check-up clinics at St James's.
- Referral to a wheelchair clinic for specialist seating advice is also important at the appropriate stage of the condition.
- Women who attended the antenatal clinics of a medical center in the United Kingdom were recruited for the study.
- Gastroenterology clinics at Neath are dedicated to the specialty, whereas at Morriston the clinics also cover general medicine.
- The authors assessed patients who were attending anticoagulation clinics in five Canadian teaching hospitals.
- We based this review on our extensive clinical experience in managing patients in a dedicated tinea capitis clinic at a teaching hospital.
- It caters for all the family, from junior sessions and beginners' courses to personal coaching clinics.
- Most communities have courses that offer junior clinics.
- The clinics take place in courses of seven weeks, with appointments of one hour each week.
Mid 19th century (in the sense 'teaching of medicine at the bedside'): from French clinique, from Greek klinikē (tekhnē) 'bedside (art)', from klinē 'bed'.
Clinic is first recorded as the ‘teaching of medicine at the bedside’. It is from French clinique, from Greek klinikē (tekhnē) ‘bedside (art)’, from klinē ‘bed’.
Words that rhyme with clinicactinic, cynic, Finnic, Jacobinic, rabbinic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: clin¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.